Volunteers Of America
TCU Nurse Manager - Registered Nurse
Licensed nursing staff, nursing assistants, residents, families and other co-workers.
TCU CLINICAL MANAGER, RN POSITION (FT 40 hrs/wk)
Monday thru Friday DAY shift with every 3rd weekend rotation.
The primary purpose of the Nurse Manager is to supervise the day-to-day activities of the assigned nursing station(s). The Nurse Manager is responsible for the coordination, planning implementing, and evaluating the nursing services provided to each resident on a 24-hour basis.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Current licensure in the state of employment as a Registered Nurse.
2. Registered Nurse with previous long-term care experience.
To perform this job successfully, an individual (RN) must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Nursing Care Functions
a. Directs and oversees the nursing staff to ensure the nursing procedures are followed and reflect the current policies and procedures of the facility.
b. Monitor medication passes and treatment schedules to assure that medications and treatments are being administered as ordered.
c. Perform direct care related activities as the need arises.
d. Participates in the development of policies and procedures pertaining to resident care.
e. Perform daily rounds of the nursing unit to ensure that all nursing service personnel are performing their work assignments in accordance with acceptable nursing standards.
f. Assist in developing methods for coordinating nursing services with other resident services to ensure that continuity of the resident's total regimen of care.
g. Participate in the development, maintenance and implementation of the facilities CQI/QA program.
h. Complete and investigate accident/incident reports and assist with abuse/neglect reporting to specific agencies as needed.
i. Acts as a liaison between physician, resident, family and resident care team to ensure physician orders are accurately carried out and documented using the information from the resident's plan of care.
j.. Initiate and resolve follow-up and problem charting as needed.
k. Participates in weekly resident and family care conferences.
2. Care Plan and Assessment Function:
a. Review new admission and transfers for appropriate assessment and documentation.
b. Assure completion of all necessary assessments required for the RAI process.
c. Participation in the development and ongoing review of the written plan of care for each resident for appropriate resident goals, problems, approaches and revisions based on nursing needs.
d. Assist in the monitoring and assessment of seriously ill residents as needed.
e. Review nurses' notes, NA care sheets to ensure compliance with the resident plan of care.
f. Complete and/or participate in the MDS/RAI process as determined by facility policy. Review for accuracy and timeliness per Federal Requirements.
g. Direct communication with the MDS/PPS Coordinator and/or Medicare Nurse.
3. Committee Functions
* Serve on, participate in and attend various committees and meetings of the facility to which you are assigned.
4. Personnel Functions
a. Assists with the coordination of staffing patterns and productive nursing hours as delegated by the Director of Nursing.
b. Responsible for holding staff accountable for correctly following policies and procedures as outlined in the employee handbook and nursing job descriptions.
c. Completes employee evaluations in a timely manner as directed.
d. Assists with disciplinary actions as assigned by the Director of Nursing.
e. Coordinates and conducts routine nursing staff meetings on assigned unit.
f. Attends required in-services and completes assigned on-line modules.
7. Other duties as assigned.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee may encounter while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Exposure to blood, body tissue and fluids.
2. Exposure to materials, dust, loud and unpleasant noises.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individual with disabilities to meet these demands:
1. Ability to endure prolonged walking, sitting, standing, use of pulling, bending, and stooping movements.
2. Ability to adapt to changes in daily work hours and schedule.
3. Must be able to lift a minimum of fifty (50) pounds.
Safe Work Performance Expectations
The safety of employees, residents and visitors is of paramount importance to Volunteers of America. Our work place safety program will be incorporated as the standard of practice for this organization. Compliance with these safe work expectations will be required of all employees as a condition of employment. Our organization focus will hold all employees accountable for safety performance equal with quality and production expectations.
Employees will be expected to:
1. Follow correct policy and procedures for department and facility Fire/Disaster/Missing Person Plan. Know the location of fire alarms and extinguishers.
2. Follow correct policy and procedure for hand washing.
3. Follow guidelines for proper method of lifting.
4. All doorways, hallways and areas are to be kept clear.
5. Know the location and purpose of Safety Data Sheets (SDS).
6. Follow guidelines for department environment and safety measures.
7. Follow guidelines for safe handling, inspection, maintenance and storage of equipment. Report any malfunction of equipment.
8. Follow guidelines for safe handling and storage of chemicals and supplies.
9. Follow correct policy and procedure for reporting of incidents: staff, residents, etc.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, this job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you may be required to perform. The omission of specific descriptions of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or can be considered essential to this position.
Job Reference #:
Volunteers Of America
Website : http://www.voaautosales.com/