American Cancer Society, Inc.
Save lives. Fulfill yours.
At the American Cancer Society, saving lives is our mission. We achieve our mission by drawing on our humanity. Humanity made up of courage, determination, innovation, passion, empathy, and caring. These are the values that give us the advantage over cancer.
Our work is important. And so are the people doing it. The people who work at the American Cancer Society focus their diverse talents on our singular mission: to end the pain and suffering of cancer. It is a calling. And the people who answer it are fulfilled. We value our employees and nearly 2.5 million volunteers around the globe that have stood with us through the years, and we will not rest until the fight is won. And that day is drawing nearer.
- Remote/work from homeposition
- Must live in Greater Austin market.
- Full-Time, Sunday - Saturday, shift will fall during 6:00am-11:00pm CST.
- Shifts are 7.5 hours paid, Sunday - Saturday with an unpaid 30 or 60 minute lunch/dinner.
- Weekly schedule will be consistent; may submit a change request after six months.
As part of the National Cancer Information Center, Income Support Specialists manage inbound contacts regarding ACS monetary and non-monetary donations, provide technical support for ACS events and related website issues, and offer information delivery on ACS initiatives, mission and values. This position demonstrates the highest level of customer service and promotes resolution of escalated issues through positive constituent engagement.
Your role is part of a virtual call center so you must be disciplined, available, and resourceful to meet constituent needs. You'll need a space free of distractions with a stable phone and internet connectivity.
- Handles a high volume of inbound contacts regarding ACS income generation programs and events.
- Assesses constituent requests and implied needs, using appropriate probing and clarifying questions.
- Exercises problem-solving skills to analyze and resolve complex technical needs and issues.
- Employs extensive knowledge of ACS events and programs to empower constituents to effectively navigate and use ACS related websites.
- Utilizes enhanced access to troubleshoot and resolve technical issues with ACS websites, related applications, and standard operating procedures.
- Attempts first contact resolution by leveraging technology and analytical skills to provide support and accurate information delivery. Takes complete ownership of requests, utilizing resource navigation and analysis skills to resolve constituent's needs.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion to appropriately triage urgent and/or complex technical issues to the appropriate level of support staff.
- Employs high level customer service and communication skills to build rapport, engagement and to de-escalate challenging constituents.
- Meets data management needs of internal and external constituents per established standards, including capturing required constituent information and accurately documenting an interaction summary with Siebel.
- Maintains appropriate business approach and professional demeanor with all constituent interactions.
- Promotes relationship development for continual constituent engagement and revenue growth.
- Maintains working knowledge of all ACS income generating programs and approximately 5,000 associated websites through daily use of the Blackbaud platform.
- Preserves a working knowledge and application of appropriate processes and procedures through use of Outlook and SharePoint tools.
- Identifies tailored opportunities to further engage constituents to foster a mutually beneficial relationship.
- Abides by ACS policies and security requirements, including constituent privacy and Payment Card Industry (PCI) compliance standards.
- Upholds organizational core mindsets of integrity, collaboration, and stewardship and values of compassion, respect, empowerment, stewardship, and trust.
- Takes ownership of his/her performance and development by engaging in coaching discussion with their Supervisor. Attends and supports training and Continuing Education in technological and customer service skills.
- Assesses and reports opportunities for process improvement, including addressing unmet constituent needs.
- Assists with the developing and testing of new and enhanced revenue generating processes and tools.
- Appropriately reports issues with resources and tools including phone systems, hardware, and software.
- Exhibits strong ownership and urgency of constituent concerns and thoroughly attempts resolution.
- Demonstrates positive energy, effective stress management, and fosters a cooperative work environment.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Virtual training is ten weeks long and is broken into three portions. You need to be able to attend every day of training.
- Five weeks of Monday - Friday, 8:30 am - 5 pm virtual classroom training.
- One split week of virtual mentoring with an existent team member and the schedule varies for this week.
- Four weeks of virtual bridge training, which is also 8:30 am - 5 pm, Monday - Friday.
- Your first day to work this permanent schedule will be after mandatory training is complete. The training team will let you know the final training schedule during your first week.
- Some college and/or combination of two years business experience, preferably in a customer service related position or tech support environment.
- Remote experience preferred.
- Strong interpersonal, technical, written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to read, comprehend and deliver information quickly to diverse constituencies.
- Keen customer service orientation, with experience in effectively addressing and resolving issues with constituents.
- Skill in organizing resources and establishing priorities using analytical and problem solving skills.
- Adeptness to multi-task within simultaneous oral and written activities.
- Able to work independently in a fast-paced, constantly changing environment.
- Proficiency with computer and software applications using Windows. Familiarity with MAC operating systems a plus.
- Familiarity with web applications and browsers, mobile devices, and Microsoft products preferred.
- Typing proficiency of 50 WPM and ability to satisfactorily pass a technology assessment.
- Ability to develop and maintain record keeping systems with strong attention to detail.
- Remains composed under stress, handles responses to criticism tactfully, and delivers on organizational commitments.
- Experience with Siebel, Salesforce and/or fundraising software is a plus.
- Spanish language fluency desirable but not mandatory.
- Available to attend approximately 9 weeks of required training on a fixed schedule on site. Work is conducted within a virtual Contact Center environment after the on-site required training is completed.
- Ability to adhere to a rigid schedule, possibly including nights and weekends, and work in a sedentary and somewhat repetitious environment. Flexible to work between the hours of 6:00 a.m. CST and 11:00 p.m. CST including weekends and holidays.
We are committed to providing staff with fulfilling opportunities to learn, grow and make an impact in their local communities. We offer staff a generous paid time off policy; medical, dental and retirement benefits, and professional development programs to enhance staff skills.
American Cancer Society, Inc.
Website : http://www.cancer.org
More than one million people in the United States get cancer each year. Whether you have cancer or are close to someone who does, understanding what to expect can help you cope. In this section you can find basic information about cancer and what causes it, as well as in-depth information about specific types of cancer, their risk factors, early detection, diagnosis, and treatment options.